Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A couple of nights ago, I couldn't sleep.  At midnight I heard my garage door opening.  I jumped out of bed and ran out a side door.  There was a car parked in my driveway--with no one in it.  The garage door was closed, so  I assumed that someone was inside my garage.

Then, I realized that the car in the driveway was mine.  I never leave my car out.  More than that, the car door wasn't locked.  I always lock my car.  I was flustered to say the least.

It took me many minutes to figure out what had happened.  That morning, I had left the house and gone  out.  When I came home, I went into the house to get some food that I needed to deliver to a lady.  I called her to see whether she was home.  She wasn't.  I got distracted and forgot completely that I had left my car in the driveway--because I had planned to come right back out.  I  had left my keys and purse on the carseat and left the garage door open.

My wonderful neighbor came home from work at midnight, saw that I had failed to close my garage door and closed it.  They have my code.  So instead of the garage door being opened, what I had heard was it being closed.  God bless them.  They take care of me.

But in the confusion, I left the door to my house open when I went outside to see what was going on, and my dog ran off.  He was still gone at three in the morning.  Eventually he came home, but had gotten into something that made him sick and he spent the next hour throwing up on my bedroom floor. By then sleep was out of the question.

Yes, the five hundred dollars in my purse had sat in the unlocked car in my driveway for twelve hours.  So I have had a double portion of the grace of God. The virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 is identified by a number of characteristics.  Carefulness is one of them!! "She carefully watches everything in her household…"(NLT)  I am going to start paying better attention to what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment