Monday, October 20, 2014

The temperatures are dropping here and it is cool at night.  I love this time of year.  I think it is neat that God saw fit to give Oklahoma all kinds of weather.  It sure doesn't get boring.  Some people would prefer to live in a "balmy-every-day" environment.  Not me.  I get up every day and decide what I am going to do based on the weather.

If it is rainy, dark and gloomy, I make hot tea and read.  In my pajamas.  Why get dressed?  It is a lazy day provided for me by God himself.  There are dozens and dozens of things you can't get done when it is raining so you can mark them off your list. Thank God for the rain.  I need rainy do nothing days.

Psalms 147:7-8a  "Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp to our God:  Who covers the heavens with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth…"  I praise God that he is up there preparing rain for me.

God compares the spreading of his Word to the rain in Isaiah 55:10-11  "For as the rain comes down…and waters the earth and makes it bring forth and bud that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater, So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth:  it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

God is also in control of what His word accomplishes.  His word accomplishes awesome things.  The things that God sent it to do.  His words are the words of life.  We learn how to reach Him because of his words.  We learn how to serve him.  We learn how to be saved from our sins.

In John's gospel, he begins by saying:  "In the beginning was the Word.  And the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  That is Jesus.  The Word.  The best word that God gave us.

I'm glad God gave us rain.  And words.  He is good.  He gives us what we need.




No comments:

Post a Comment