Tuesday, October 7, 2014

There are two more verses I want to share and then I am through with Hebrews for awhile.  One of the verses you have heard it before.  Heb. 13:8  "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and for ever."  This simply assures us that Christ will not change.  He is perfect.  He will fulfill all of his promises that he has made to us.

The next one is Heb. 13:15  "... let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name."

There are two things we have to do just because God deserves it.  Praise him continually.  And Give thanks to him.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 puts it this way.  "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  It does not say concerning "us".  It says concerning "you".  It is personal.  It is God's will.  It also doesn't say "...for everything give thanks."  It says "...in everything give thanks."  In every situation we need to find something to be thankful for.

There is nothing that will help you grow like a thankful heart.  And even though you may have sorrow, difficulties and sadness in some way, there is still something to be thankful for.  Today, my back is killing me.  Old age and arthritis.  But I have eyes.  I can see.  I have legs.  I can walk.  I love the fact that I have hot water.  And a microwave.   And dishwasher.  I have a home, a car, money for gas...I could go on for ever with the blessings I enjoy.  I'll just take some some Tylanol for my back.  And be thankful there is something that will help!!!

God wants us to think in a thankful manner because it changes us.  If you concentrate on what is wrong, you will kill the joy of living.

Thank you God, that someone out there is reading this.  It gives meaning to my life. I feel like I have a purpose.   Maybe it will help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment