Friday, October 10, 2014

Yesterday was a crash and burn day.  (As Ken would say)  When they put a pilot in a simulator, they give him emergencies to deal with.  One at a time.  However the emergencies were cumulative.  Just when you thought you had figured out how to deal with a problem, another one was introduced.  Ken said that when you introduced the seventh crisis situation, the pilot would take his hands off the stick and sit back and give up.  He knew he was a dead man.  It was a hopeless situation.

Ken also said that when you did things in an airplane in a certain sequence day after day, that if you were distracted you could skip something and never know it.  The tower always watched incoming aircraft to make sure their wheels were down.  Some times they weren't.  It usually depended on how many crisis situations were going on in the cockpit.

Thursday, I got up, forgot to take my medications--which are absolutely mandatory.  Got dressed, fed the dogs but forgot to give Bo his meds for epilepsy--which are mandatory.  Then I forgot to blog.  The day went downhill after that.  I had gone to Luther to visit Pat's school the day before to give her some papers--which I forgot to give her.  (I got busy interacting with the students in her class and forgot why I was there.)  And then I went to Becky's to spend the rest of the day.  My "stay at home schedule" was interrupted.  Which says I probably need to stay at home and knit???  I had more than seven things to do and so I guess I failed the simulator test.  I did get six of them done.

I find it very frustrating when I forget something.  So I write myself notes.  And forget to read them.  Or lose them.

 Phillipians 3: 12a-13b "Not that I have now attained the ideal or have already been made perfect…but one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us toward."

Some kinds of forgetting are good.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment