Monday, October 27, 2014

I lost my purse.  I didn't even know it--until I got a call that it had been turned in to Wal-Mart.  After I loaded groceries in my car, I got in the car and came home.  Then got the phone call.  I had left my purse in the grocery basket in the parking lot.

On Saturday, everyone in the county goes to Wal-Mart.  Hundreds of people.  What is the chance that the one person who found my purse would take it in the store and report that they had found it in a grocery cart outside???  And here is the thing that is surprising:  I had some bills to pay and had gone to the bank and cashed a five hundred dollar check.  The money was in my purse.  I figured that it would be gone.  But it wasn't.  It was all there.

God bless the person who found my purse.  I will never know who it was, but I pray that God will shower them with blessings.  One thing I know for sure, God will honor their honesty.

And God bless me!!  I did a really stupid thing.  I don't even know how I did it.  My head must have been in a bag.  Have you ever done something similar?  Something that had every possibility of turning out all wrong.  But God took care of you.  He certainly took care of me.

Psalms 46:1-3  God is our refuge (defense) and strength (offense), a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear…"  The Psalmist then gives a list:

1. Even if the earth be removed
2. Even though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea
3. Even though the waters of the sea roar and are troubled
4. Even if the mountains shake and swell

Five hundred dollars is nothing to God.   It was by his grace I had it in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment