Thursday, October 23, 2014

Today, I got outside and did some weeding and pruning.  Everything is turning brown and nothing is blooming.  I told you one time that I had my yard staged so that something was always blooming from March through September.  So when the last of the blooms are gone, I guess it means that winter is around the corner.  The sooner the better.  I want it over with.  I dread the cold.  I always used to like it.  Not any more.  So one good thing about winter is that I get a rest from weeding.

My next door neighbor is such a great Christian man.  He saw me weeding and came over and helped me.  He brought a shovel and dug up wild tree sprouts.  He is the one who takes my garbage to the street every week.  His wife and eight year old daughter are just as kind.  God is so good to give me people who want to help me.

I also found a man to do yard work.  He is also a Christian.  He and his wife worked for hours and hours and when I asked him what I owed them, he said, "Whatever you think is fair."  I told him what I thought, and he said, "That's way too much."  I paid it anyway.  Reward people who do good work.  I'll have him back in the spring.

My daughter in law, Stacy--Scott's wife--wants me to move to town on her street so that she can--as she puts it--take care of me.  She keeps bugging me about it.  I might like that.  She wants me to be close to her and Scott.  I have no idea what I should do.  Move or stay.  Pat wants me to move to Harrah so she can be there when I need someone.  Becky says I should stay in Pryor where my life is--until I need to do something else.  I wish God would give me call and say, "Quit thinking about this.  I will let you know--when I am ready for you to do what I want you to do."  But I am a type A personality so fussing over problems comes very easily.  I fight it and sometimes I am successful.

Psalms 46:10a "Be still and know that I am God…"  I've got to get myself to quit wiggling in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment