Thursday, June 22, 2017

Chicken nuggets every day.  That's what Brady wants.  When we come home from Bible School, we have to stop at Chick Filet (Fillet?) first.  (I had never eaten there that I remember.)   I don't like chicken all that much--and every day, well, let's just say, I may not eat chicken again for a month or two.  Then we come home and Brady lets Squig and me take a nap--because Bible School is exhausting.  We run and jump and play at Bible School--and 5 year olds don't stop.  They are like the energizer bunny.  I am not.

The theme for the week has been the galaxy.   And how God created everything.  And how He created the first people.  Stars, moon, sun, animals...

The children liked the snake in the garden the best.  Of course.

To say the least, it has been an interesting week...I will be glad to get back to adults on Sunday.  But I couldn't help but be reminded this week of the scripture...

Proverbs 22:6,  "Train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Which is such a comforting verse for a parent.  Especially when our children go astray from time to time.  The truth of God, that is put into their thoughts when they are young, is so important.  They always have a "fall back" position when they take a wrong path.  God will remind them.  God can lead them into righteousness if they know Him.  But we parents can lead them to God.

Brady has been singing our theme song and humming it under his breath after we come home each day.  It is in his thinking and memory.  "I love God, and He loves me..."

He helped me tie up the tomato bushes yesterday.  Singing.

I'm about sung out.  Today is our last day.  I'm going to miss him when he goes back home.








No comments:

Post a Comment