Monday, June 12, 2017

Every two or three weeks I get a personal letter, addressed in handwriting (not junk mail!) through my mail box--snail mail--from a sweet, sweet person in Pryor.  She is a generation younger than me, and has taken me on as a project.  To encourage, to let me know that I mean something in her life, or just to say hello.  Her name is Amy Smith

It is so uplifting when she makes a comment about the things I write.  She wrote to me last week about what I had said the week I talked about growing older, and said, "I pray I can treat older people in my life with much deserved respect..."
 
I figured that if I wrote about growing older, everyone would stop reading after the first day and wait until I had something "important" to say.  I figured that the only people who would like to read it would be people my age--who would agree with me.  Which they did.  I got many comments from older folks about how the things that I wrote were true, true, true.  But it was nice to hear a younger person's comment.

This week, I am going to write about The Mercy Seat of God.  Scott and I have been having an ongoing conversation about that.  It is a deep subject--and it isn't a necessary subject for a person to become a Christian.  But as we grow in our Christian lives, details about the story of Christ become interesting to us and we begin to dig for knowledge.

Knowledge doesn't save us, Faith in Christ saves us.  but knowledge enriches our lives.  Paul got disgusted with the Corinthian Christians (1 Cor. 3:1-3) because they didn't continue to grow in their spiritual lives and said, "...I could not speak to you as spiritual...but as to babies in Christ.  I have fed you with milk and not with meat because you were not able to bear it..."

So this week we are going to get meat.  Get ready to chew.

















No comments:

Post a Comment