Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mercy.  Now I am a 22 foot long paper cutter, tape it to the floor for doing handiwork person.  And a baking soda and vinegar mountain of fizz maker.  I cleaned ten wigglers hands, and tried to learn two songs.  (The ten wigglers had the song "down" before I learned the first two lines.)  If ever there was  a total misfit-kindergarten-worker, it has to be me.  But I'm trying.  And Brady is loving it.  One of the scriptures that came to my mind this week was Proverbs 4:1-4.

Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.  I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.  For I too was a son to my father, still tender and cherished by my mother...he taught me, and he said to me, "Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live" A good thing to remember this "Father's Day" week.

What that scripture is saying is that a boy learns from his father--who learned from his father.  Three generations--and on, and on, and on.  It is just as true for girls.  Learning always begins at home.  But Bible School helps us as we try to raise our children--and it is instrumental for teaching those children about God, those who do not get this training at home.

But the moral compass of a nation dies when fathers and mothers do not pass their faith on to the next generation.  And all across America, Sunday School for children, Bible study for adults, and attendance at church has dropped--astronomically--as our society has, in turn, become vile in so many ways.  Without a "True North" on a compass, we lose our direction.  Without  "True Words" for living our lives, our children and our children's children will not know who to listen to, what is right and what is wrong, nor which way leads to eternal life and peace.  The result is social chaos.

It reminds me of the exact warning God gave Israel in Judges 21:25, "In those days there was no king (leadership) in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Social and moral chaos.)

We need one set of moral laws for everyone.  Laws that are trustworthy and true.  Only God can come close to giving us that.  He alone has a master plan for peace.  For joy.  For eternity.





No comments:

Post a Comment