Friday, March 15, 2019

Have you ever had a day that started off awful, and just got worse?  A few weeks ago, I got my charger cord caught in my recliner mechanism--where I sit and do all my writing.  So I had to spend ninety bucks for a new charger cord.  

This morning, the new cord got caught in the mechanism again, but it hadn't yet severed the cord.  I turned the huge (HUGE) recliner upside down, got down on the floor and held the back in place with my left foot, while I tried to keep the metal mechanism in place with my right elbow and pick between the folding metal with a nail file in my right hand while I held the flex portion of the recliner in my left hand.  I worked in that position for thirty minutes.  But by the grace of God, I got the cord out, bent but not broken. And didn't cut my fingers off.

During the process, I knocked over a full cup of hot Darjeeling tea onto the carpet--which I couldn't do anything about because I was holding the chair, trying to keep it from cutting my fingers off.  The carpet is light cream colored.  What a mess.  I didn't have the strength to upright the recliner, so I left it where it was and used every dishtowel and paper towel in the kitchen to soak up the tea.  I had an appointment with Apple, so I walked off and left it all.

The Apple store tried to install Word for Mac--unsuccessfully--and sent me home with Mohave (?) half installed, telling me it would pick up my home WiFi and finish.  Which it didn't.  I spent an hour on the phone with Apple and still don't have Word installed.  Come to find out, my Mac is obsolete(!)and nothing works like it should.  I am not computer literate.  Which compounds the problem.

They have been trying to call me for the last hour, and can't seem to get me on my phone, so I keep receiving emails from them.  In the meantime, I am so sore from the recliner fiasco, that I can hardly move.  I hurt all over.  Tomorrow is going to be a better day.  Don't try to do what I did after you are eighty. Your body quits bending into the position I was in by the time you are thirty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment