Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday and bought an electric lap blanket.  To keep my toes warm.  Of course I got a color that didn't work when I got it home--and had to take it back and exchange it.  I hate to shop.

I was able to get my new washer and dryer last week without too much trauma.  The washer doesn't have an agitator in the center.  I didn't notice that when I bought it.  I just walked in the store, looked at two different models, and said, I'll take that one.

When I did my first load of wash, I figured I'd made a big mistake.  Turns out, I like it.  It rotates the clothes in a different way so that the sheets don't get all tangled up and twisted.  Ann said hers is like that and she likes it really well.

And now, I have to get a new mattress.  Mine dips in a couple of places because I sleep in the exact same position every night and never move.  On my right side--so I'm sure my face is flat on that side???

I dread looking for a mattress like the plague.  Squig has a little place on the other side of the bed, on the mattress i have now, that he has hollowed out as well.  I lift the covers up and he finds his spot and immediately goes to sleep.

It takes me longer to go to sleep than him.  I usually read my Bible for a half an hour or so, and by the time I get through praying for the people in my family, I'm nodding off.  

I never get through the list, I just start where I left off the night before.  Four kids, their spouses, ten grandchildren and their spouses, and six great grandchildren.  My brother,  sister, their spouses, children and people in my connection group.  Some of them need more prayer than others.  You know how families are?  I guess I have become the matriarch.  








No comments:

Post a Comment