Tuesday, July 13, 2021

So glad I had them inject my back.  Pain level is actually bearable now.  I’m back!!  No pun intended.

Can’t remember if I told you...I got a publishing date for 11/2/21.  The publisher sent beautiful cards with the front of the book, description of what it was about and an author recognition.  There it was.  “The Letter,” and underneath that, Janie Jacks.  Wow.  I’m pumped.

The cards are in color.   She sent them for me to give to my class of ‘56. It’s going to be a hardback!  It’s taken two and a half years.  But librarians say I have to write off 2020 because printers went bankrupt all over America and small publishers did too.  

Bookstores were closed and profits in the industry went flat.  On line readers cut into that also. I prefer a book in my hands to Kindle, but some don’t.

If you are thinking about becoming an author to make money, forget it.  Half the price goes to the book store.  Twenty-five percent goes to the publisher.  Another large percent goes to the editors and the printers.  If you get a dollar a book, you have done well.  I don’t care about that.  I just want to see it printed and read.


No comments:

Post a Comment