Monday, February 21, 2022

People need many things.  Shelter, water, clothing protecting them from the elements..etc.  But the two things that we humans want are--love and something to eat that tastes good.  Same as your dog.

 My friend Jeanette made me two huge quiches, so I have breakfast covered.  So very tasty and good.  She toasted the button mushrooms before she added them to the mix.  Anything with mushrooms is stellar.  Ann, Becky, Jeannine all bring food.  Thank God they love me.

Real love is difficult to come by.  It’s easier to say, “I love you.”  But love is not a phrase, or a feeling.  It is exhibited by behavior--over time.  It doesn’t evaporate when conditions change.  If someone loves you, they stick with you when you can’t reciprocate.  When things have gone south.

The difficult thing is that sometimes a person’s love behaviors aren’t the thing that we need.  I finally told Ken that I never wanted flowers.  Or candy.  Or something to wear.  He had tried to express that he cared--in the way men are taught to do.  However, I’m not the girl who needs those things.  Please don’t waste money on stuff.  Just help with the things that need to be done.  That’s my love language.  When he “got” it, and realized that it was really true, he was relieved to know what I needed.  

Help me.  That’s it.  That’s all I need.  I’ll take care of the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment