Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I have written difficult things from the scripture the last couple of days.  So I will lighten up.   Last night I was so sore I couldn't go to sleep.  I had been bending over, pulling weeds and planting ground cover.  It was hard work. But it was made all the more difficult because among all those weeds was poison ivy.

I put rubber gloves on to protect myself and pulled and pulled.  Why do weeds grow so well when flowers have to be constantly attended to?  What is the purpose of poison ivy anyway?  It is rather like that black widow spider I got rid of last week.  A nuisance that can cause you a lot of harm.

There are many things that I can't figure out.  Like: Where is "space"?  How far does it go?  What is the purpose of a tornado?  Why do we have to get the flu?  Why  do we have earthquakes?  Why did God create us and decide to love us?  Why would anyone sacrifice their only child for someone else?    What is love anyway?  Why do we feel it?  Etc. etc. etc.  I have no answers to questions like that.

Some things I know because the Bible tells me.  But even the Bible doesn't answer all the questions that I have.  God didn't tell us everything.  Only what we needed to know to become his children.

When I get to heaven I am going to have a million questions.  I wonder if God will answer them?  Will I get to meet Paul and Peter?    Will I meet my ancestors and learn what they went through?  Things that had a direct impact on  my life.  My mind wanders when I'm trying to go to sleep, and I think of a million things I want to know.  I thank God for the things he let me know.  He answered an awful lot of questions which the world needs answers for.  I'll have to wait for the rest.

I suppose that I should quit pulling weeds for awhile so I don't get so sore that I can't sleep and lie there and think up questions.  But the weeds are still there and have to be pulled.  I'm going to get it done.

John 1: 1, 3b In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made."  I don't think He made weeds right off the bat.  That happened later when Adam got his punishment for disobeying.  Genesis 3: 17   "Because you listened to your wife and ate the fruit when I told you not to, I have placed a curse upon the soil…It will grow thorns and thistles for you…"  Too bad.  





No comments:

Post a Comment