Monday, July 28, 2014

I went to see my three children this last week.  Pat lives in Harrah, Jon in Moore and Becky in Edmond.  (Scott lives here in Pryor.)  And like I always do, I went to Edmond's Antiques where Becky has a booth, (actually four booths) and puttered around.  Brenda was there.  She is my new friend.  She started reading this blog and decided to take the challenge of reading the Bible again.   She said that she forwards my blog to others  when I say something she thinks they might like to read.  That's a good thing to do. Maybe it will help someone.

I thank God for friends.  Family is wonderful, but friends are, too.  Kathy bakes me hot bread and chicken and dumplings.  Sally comes to my house and does my hair, Charlie and George fry fish and share, Trudy brings me garden vegetables, Coy takes out my garbage cans and brings them back from the street, Amy sends me a card every week or so to encourage me, Shirley drove to Porter and brought me peaches, and that is just off the top of my head.  There are so many others.  Bill drove out to my house and got my car and detailed it. Suzanne mailed me her recipe for Orange Brownies.  And on and on.

And then there is Carolyn.  She has been my friend since we were in the ninth grade.  We talk every day.  We go out to eat.  We go to the movies.  She is teaching my class this month for me so I can have a break.  She is determined to see that I take care of myself.

Proverbs 17:17a "A friend loves at all times…."
Proverbs 18:24 "A person that has friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."

John 15: 13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15: 15 "Henceforth I call you not servants…but I have called you friends…" (Jesus)

What a friend we have in Jesus.  (That is such a great hymn.)





No comments:

Post a Comment