Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Are you afraid of something unreasonable.  I am.  Heights.  Not airplanes, or 50 story buildings.  Just things that have no enclosure.  Grand Canyon almost did me in.  When I go somewhere like that, I feel like I am going to be sucked off the edge.  When I climbed the central winding staircase to the leaning tower of Pisa, I didn't realize that the top only had a very low banister.  It was also a narrow foot or two from the central staircase to the edge.  Compounded by the fact that I was leaning toward the edge.   When I stepped up onto the top floor, I immediately got down on my knees and crawled around to the other side so I could get back down the staircase.  It was not one of my finest moments.

It's not dying that scares me, it's falling off of something high.  Yes.  Unreasonable.  Yes.  I know I am not going to be sucked off the edge, but I still think that I am.  It still feels like it.

Hebrews 12: 12  "So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those who follow you, though weak and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves but become strong."

If you are following me, just know that I am trying not to have shaky legs.  I am trying to mark out a straight, smooth path for my feet.  And I am trying to stay away from things that might lead somebody astray.  I don't want anyone to fall and hurt themselves spiritually because of me.

Paul said that if eating meat offends your brother--don't eat meat.  I certainly don't want you to pick up on my weaknesses.  If I am a stumbling block to another person, well, I have failed.  You and I are our brother's keepers whether we like it or not.  God said so.

I do not want to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment