Thursday, September 18, 2014

We didn't really have a summer this year.  Thank goodness.  Oklahoma heat is unbearable.  And now the days are cooling off.  I dread the winter.  The sleet, ice, the trees breaking from the weight of it.  I can deal with snow.  But maybe it will kill all the bugs in the ground.  That would be good.  I will leave all of that up to God.  I always am thankful for his weather.

You remember when I told you about the Holy of Holies.  Well, the chapters 7-10 of Hebrews covers the new priesthood.  Where Jesus is our high priest.  I have put a star beside a few verses because they are so important.  When He died, the curtain in the temple that stood between the people and God was torn from top to bottom.    And God said, "Come on in.  You are forgiven."

Hebrews 10: 18  "Now, when sins have once been forever forgiven, and forgotten, there is no need to offer more sacrifices to get rid of them.  And so…now we may walk right into the very Holy of Holies, where God is, because of the blood of Jesus.  This is the fresh, new, life-giving way that Christ has opened up for us by tearing the curtain--his human body--to let us into the holy presence of God." (This passage is from the Living Bible.)

Isn't that wonderful.  It's done.  Everything that is necessary for us to spend eternity with God has been done.  Sin has been forgiven.  Sin has been forgotten.

When you become anxious and worried about the life to come, go back to God's word and read the reassuring words that tell us that we could not, can not, save ourselves.  And that Jesus Christ has paid the price for our sin.  We are saved by faith.  By the mercy of God.

I am really glad that God has forgotten all my wrongs.  I wish I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment