Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hebrews 8: 6, 10, 12  "If the first covenant (the one God made with Abraham) had been faultless, then there should have been no place necessary for the second." (The one we have with Christ--called the new covenant.)   For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;  I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more."

When God comes into our lives, His spirit changes our minds and hearts.  We no longer want to rebel against the authority of God.  We become something different.

When I look in the mirror every morning, I am shocked.  There is an old woman in there.  Who is she? I am young, fresh, alive and smart.  That old woman in the mirror looks like she is on her last leg.  I don't know where she came from.

Life is like that. Changes that come slowly are hardly noticeable.  Then one day you look up and find that you aren't who you wanted to be.  But unlike age, you can change.   Just start.

Beginning again isn't as hard as you would think.  Just decide.  Then begin.  Turn around and go the other way.  Prepare yourself for tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.  And before long, you will be young.  Fresh.  Alive and smart in the Lord.

And you will look in the mirror and like what you see.



No comments:

Post a Comment