Thursday, September 11, 2014

If you are like me, you have a problem remembering names.  I can usually get the first letter in my head but from there on--nothing.

And as I age, it gets even harder.  People that I have known for years.  And suddenly their name has vanished from my head.  I usually think of it later.  Too late to do me any good.

Names are important.  I am always touched when people I have just met remember my name.

Then there is the problem of having lots of children and family members and having to go through the entire list to get to the name you want.  When Scott was a young boy he told me, "Mom, I don't mind when you call me Jonathan, or Ken, but I really wish you wouldn't call me Pat or Becky."

There is a name that is above all other names:  Jesus.

Philippians 2:9-10 "…God has highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name:  That at the name of Jesus every knee would bow…things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth…"

And the Hebrews author put it this way:  1: 4 "…he has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they."

The Bible says:  "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

When you talk to Jesus, you might want to call him by name.




No comments:

Post a Comment