Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My children say I never say anything about myself that is personal.  So here it is.

Older people talk about their ailments.  It's boring.  However, after a certain age, ailments consume you.  You are living in a package of flesh and bone that is trying to kill you--or if not, to make you miserable.  Life should be lived in reverse.  You should be old and decrepit at birth  and slowly get better.  Then you would appreciate health.  Youth is wasted on the young.

My soul, spirit, mind and personality seem to be intact.  But my body is a train wreck.  However, it could be worse.  I can see, hear, think, write, drive, walk, fix something to eat for myself and take care of my garden.  Mostly because of all the metal in my body.  It keeps me going.  I've been stuck so many times, I've run out of access veins.  They collapse.

For the most part, it all began when I lost the walls of my heart due to an orange size tumor over forty years ago. The beginning of a series of weird medical events that probably should have killed me.   I'm sure God has some reason for all this.  But I stay positive and I stay cheerful.  Cheerful is my nature.

I took my Mac to the hospital with me last Thursday so I could keep writing.  Becky came to watch my dogs.  (Who didn't miss me.  She is more fun.)  It's the right arm again.  Four times this year.  If I get a scratch, a paper cut, a pin prick in my right arm, I get an infection in my blood and pills won't help.  It has to be an antibiotic to the vein.  Thus the need for access.  It takes four days in the hospital.

Enough.

Jesus came to heal the sick, broken and down hearted.  He defeated death, so there is nothing to fear.

Matthew 19:2  "And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there."  He is called the great physician for a reason.  Even if he doesn't heal you physically, he heals you spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment