Friday, September 19, 2014

When there is something that I have to do that I don't want to do, I can't just sit down and ignore it, so I do other things.  I get a lot done when I am procrastinating.  And then, when the time runs out and I know I can't wait any longer, I do the thing I have been putting off.  It seems to work really well because when I don't have anything pressing me, I don't get anything done.  Today was one of those days.  I accomplished nothing.  I take that back, I went to the grocery store which is one of the things I always put off until there is no milk, bread, eggs, butter, etc. and I have to go.

Hebrews 11 is called the faith chapter of the Bible.  It begins by asking a question, and then answering it.   Hebrews 11:1  "What is faith?  It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen.  It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead."

That is what it takes to be saved from sin.  We must have faith that God is going to do what he says he is going to do.  He is going to forgive us.

That is what hope is.  We hope that God is going to do what he says he is going to do.  He is going to let us spend eternity with him.

The question is simply, do you believe God will do what he says he is going to do???

Life here is full of hope as we prepare for the next life--which nobody in the first forty years gives much thought to.  But as you run out of days, you find that your heart is full of hope.   The fear of death is gone, you are just waiting to see what it is going to be like in heaven.

Like a box of chocolates.


No comments:

Post a Comment