Friday, August 21, 2015

As reported by CNN, 33 million names were "outed" on the adultery web site that was supposed to be secure.  Secret sin.  Thirty three million.  What kind of nation are we??!!  How can God let this go on without punishment?  And then there is "Jared" the Subway guy.  Sick.  Sick.  Sick.

I wonder if people even think about accountability to God any more.  You and I do.  But we have fast become the minority.  We are dinosaurs in a world that is literally charging the gates of Hell.

When I became a Christian, everything I thought or did changed.  I gave myself to God, and as a result, my thoughts and behaviors subsequently had an underlying thought.  "Will this please God?"  He became the motivation for my life.  That is called regeneration.  You are changed when God steps in.  He changes the way you think.  About everything.

There is one simple fact about the nature of the human race.  They choose good, or they choose evil.  And the gulf between those two behaviors is wide.  And we universally recognize which is which.

Those two forces war for the human soul.  You can't sit on the fence.  You either give up your life to God, or you don't.  It is not a halfway thing.  You can't say, "I'll give up these five sins, but I'm keeping these two."  And  then think that you are a better person for it.  God doesn't think like that.  He demands obedience.  Completely.  Every day.  From then on.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

People are dying out there and they don't even know it.  Our mission, under God, is to tell the world about Jesus.  Tell them that the price for their sins has been paid.  All they must do to receive eternal life is to repent.  Like it says in Romans, it is a gift from God.  You can't earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment