Monday, August 24, 2015

We are studying the book of Revelation on Sunday mornings this month.  It is a book with a blessing for those who read it.

Revelation 1:3  "Blessed is he that reads and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

It is a most difficult book.  Parts of it can be understood outright, but parts of it are a fog to me even though I have read it, and heard many speakers on the subject.  There are evangelists who have spent their lives arguing one point of view or another--without resolution.  All the other books of the Bible are very readable.  But this one, well, all I can say is that God says he will bless you if you try.  So I try.  You might want to try as well.  The biggest controversy concerns the "tribulation."  The seven years, how they are divided, who will remain on earth, and who will suffer.

It helps to break it into parts of "sevens".  The first group is the seven churches.  I underlined each church name in my Bible to give me a visual reference concerning the content.  The same with the next group of seven seals, followed by the seven angels.  If you are going to try and read this book, I recommend that you break it up that way.  It gets you through eleven chapters--half the book.

Let me put it this way:  You will understand enough of it to realize that Jesus will come again.  The world will be judged.  There will be a war.  God's kingdom will be established.  And Satan will be cast out.

Rev. 12:7-8 "And there was a war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought, and his angels, and prevailed not..."  God's armies win.

That much I understand.  His kingdom is coming.  "...Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..."  That's what Jesus told us to pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment