Thursday, August 13, 2015

I found out something this week with my right arm out of commission.  I can't brush my teeth with my left hand.  Or brush my hair.  Lipstick, etc., etc.  I am totally inept.  It is pretty pitiful.  Which made me think about all those people coming home from war without arms or hands.  Just think of the effort they have to make to function.  Think of all the hours that they have to practice to be able to learn new skills.  We owe them such a debt--that we can never repay.  God bless them.

I am thankful for my hands.  For my bummed up right arm--I have an arm.  Which incidentally the surgeon thinks has been fixed--hopefully.  And my hand works and my fingers wiggle.  So I won't have to learn to brush my teeth with my left hand after all.  I have a two inch open wound on my right elbow that is healing from the inside out.  So far, so good.

We are such a short-sighted people.  We see what is wrong--and for the most part ignore or forget what is right--until it breaks.  And then we grieve for what has been lost.  It would be better if we got up every morning and thanked God for all the things that are going right.  All the things that we have, rather than what we haven't got.

He is so good to us.  Why do we constantly complain???  Perhaps it is because we don't take our problems to the Lord.  And don't leave them there.   We like to worry our problems to death.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me (Jesus), all of you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Rest.  Peace.  And a light burden.  I need a yoke like that.  You do, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment