Monday, August 17, 2015

Every morning, Becky comes over and unwraps my arm, redresses it and brings me breakfast and leaves my lunch.  Every evening she comes over, unwraps my arm, redresses it and brings me supper.   Moving was the right thing to do.  I couldn't have managed  all this by myself.

When I needed help with Ken the last couple of months of his life, Pat came and stayed with us and took care of all the things I couldn't do.  I thank God for my daughters.

The fact that neither of them have to go to work anymore is a blessing for me.  The fact that they are both good people motivates them to help.  Everyone else in the family has to go to work--they call and ask how I'm doing, however.  It's nice to have people that care.  I'm glad my children like me.

Ann brought chicken salad the other day and a pecan roll from the bakery.  Breakfast and lunch.  Lisa called to say she will come back and stay the weekend with me next week and hang pictures.

I have always taken food to the sick and the grieving.  But I'm going to do better.  You have no idea what food means until you can't fix it for yourself.  It doesn't have to be a five course dinner.  Beans and cornbread work just fine.

Becky was worried that I wouldn't like a broccoli salad she had fixed for me.  Mercy.  I will eat anything that someone brings me and be thankful for it.  She makes me individual portions and freezes them for me all the time--even when I'm not bummed up.

Jesus said:  Luke 10:8 " And into whatsoever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you..."

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eats of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Revelation 2:7 "To him that overcomes I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."  Think about that!!!  We get to eat in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment