Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm sick of TV.  I'm tired of playing solitaire.  I am weary of Sudoku, crosswords and cryptograms.  I have read dozens of books.  There comes a point when enough is enough and I have reached it.  Which probably means that I am on the verge of being back on my feet.  I must be better.

I need to be doing something useful.  I want to do something useful.  Sitting around recovering from surgery is the pits.   The doctor said that I absolutely could not work in the yard, the house, or get hot.  That I couldn't pick up anything, push or pull anything, etc. etc.  And it is over a hundred degrees outside, so I can't cheat and dig in the dirt with my left hand.  I think I am stuck.

Every night when I go to bed, I lie there and think up things that I can do the next day that don't violate instructions.  Today, I hung three pictures, but hammering with my left hand just messed up the wall. I got it done, but it wasn't pretty.

Craig and Becky came over last night and Craig put lightbulbs in my porch light and took the globe down and cleaned it.  Becky Windexed the front glass door.  Watching them work just made me feel guilty that I couldn't help.  They brought ribs, real mashed potatoes, and veggies and apple pie.  I have gained six pounds just eating and sitting.

And I have a metabolism like a freight train.  I don't gain weight.  Or I didn't ever have a problem with gaining weight.  Till now.

I guess you can tell that I am grumpy today.

"A cheerful heart doeth good like a medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment