Thursday, August 27, 2015

I have a new great-granddaughter.  "Haven."  Five children, ten grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.  Stacy and Scott's daughter Megan now has two little girls.  And of course they are precious.  If I was in Pryor, I would be rocking them right now.

Psalms 127: 3-5a  "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children...Happy is the man  that has his quiver full of them..."

I used to tell my grandson Steven--when he was sitting on my lap--that he was my favorite grandchild.  Well, one day, as I was holding his brother, I told his brother that he was my favorite grandchild.  Steven said, "Grandmother, I have figured it out.  Whoever is on your lap is your favorite grandchild.  He was right.  They are all my favorites.

A couple of years ago I wrote about a scripture that my grandmother had hanging on her wall.

Psalms 37:25 "I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor their seed (offspring) begging bread."  Now I am old, and so far,  none of my children have had to beg for bread. "Give us this day our daily bread..."

In Revelation, Chapters 1-3, the seven churches could be described as:  1. Ephesus--Loveless.  2. Smyrna--Long suffering.  3. Pergamos--Lax.  4.  Thyatira--Loose, Libertine.  5.  Sardis--Lifeless.  6. Philadelphia--Loyal.  7. Laodicea--Lukewarm.  The "L" makes it easy to remember.

Smyrna pleased God.  Philadelphia was acceptable but was warned to hold fast.   At the end of each description, God gives each church something.  Read about them. That should get you through  chapter three.  There are twenty-two chapters.  No, I'm not going to write about all of them.

Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment