Monday, August 10, 2015

This will be short.  I am on my way to surgery.  My prayer is that the surgeon doesn't damage the nerves that control my fingers.  I would be very very sad if something happened that I couldn't type or play the piano.  This blog has become the most important thing I do every day.  It brings me joy that so many of you seem to benefit.  Your cards, letters, emails and phone calls lift my spirit.

I never thought of myself as a writer, but all of you seem to think that I am.  So maybe that is what I am.  A writer.  My head is full of stories.  My heart is full of peace.

I am so blessed.  God has been so good to me.  Looking back, I can see where he has been in everything that has come my way.  He is faithful.

How do we become the children of God?  By accepting his gift to us.  A sacrifice for each and every sin we have ever committed.  Jesus, the Lamb of God from the foundation of the earth.  His blood covers it all.  He gives us what we could never give ourselves.

Only one requirement.  Repentance.

And then, His Spirit comes to live within us.  To help us think.  To help us be strong.  To help us know what He would have us do with our lives.  To give us that peace that passes all understanding.

God bless you.




No comments:

Post a Comment