Thursday, December 29, 2016

I have been living in a pile of paper.  Ever since before Thanksgiving, I've been putting the mail on the floor by my chair, most of it unopened.  I opened the Christmas cards and read the letters, but the rest of it just lay there or got thrown out.  Until today.  I dug into it and paid bills, wrote letters, and entered addresses into my phone, etc. etc.  And now I am caught up, except for answering the Christmas cards.  Which I will do tomorrow.

I always pay my bills on time, so I don't think a few late bills are going to kill me.  But it is pretty much out of character for me to do anything late.  My mom taught me that being late was just a way to steal someone else's time.  That you should make someone wait on you.

People make new year's resolutions about this time every year.  After 78 years, I've run out of things to resolve.  I'm sure there are more things I need to do better, but other than start exercising again, I can't think of anything.  I'm sure my children will let me know where I am lacking.  They usually do.

It is a good thing to look at yourself and resolve to do better.  One other thing that I can do better is use my time more wisely.  I just don't know what to do with it.  I never had enough time until Ken was gone, but now, I can't seem to fill up my days with enough useful activities.  The things I would like to do I don't have the strength to do.  My body is working against my mind.  I thank God every day that it is my body that is failing and not my brain.  Although even that is getting slower.

They say that youth is wasted on the young.  So true.  We should be born old and get younger every day.  Then we would know how to appreciate how wonderful being young is.  Problem with that is that you would lose wisdom every day you lived.  However, at this age, with a truck load of wisdom, nobody seems to want any of it.

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6




No comments:

Post a Comment