Friday, December 30, 2016

What a week.  Jonathan and Jennifer came over on Monday for us to do Christmas with their two little boys.  I fixed ham loaf--which is Jon's favorite.  Then, I had one of those radioactive Pet Scans on Tuesday--which they say has no side effects but always gives me a blazing headache.  The next day, Wednesday, Pat had her last surgery on her heart.  And Thursday, another one of my children had surgery.  Today is Friday and this week is over.  It's been difficult.

But everything turned out good.  It's all over.  God answered all my prayers.  I had a hard time saying my prayers because I wanted what I wanted for each and every one.  So my prayers went something like this: "Lord, you know that I "want to want" your will.  But really, if I am honest with you, I want you to do what I want.  But I know you are a perfect God, and that "...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."  (Romans 8:28)

So then, I would end my prayers with: "You know I love you, and you know I want your purpose in all of our lives.  So it comes down to trust, and I trust you."  But then I would end by saying, "But you know what I want."  I'm glad God loves me.  Otherwise, he would just throw in the towel.

I can't imagine the agony God suffered watching his Son suffer.  I will never understand why God did that for us.  Especially when I consider that most of the people in the world reject Him.

Why would God let Jesus suffer such agony when God knew that all the sin that Jesus took upon himself would (in the most part) be for people who would never accept him.  I thank God that he did that for me.  Jesus said: "Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter (the gate of destruction)." Matthew 7: 13-14

Robert Frost said: "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And...I could not travel both...I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."

Christ on the cross has made all the difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment