Friday, December 23, 2016

My grandson asked me, "How do you know that those born after Adam didn't have God's Spirit living within them?"

I gave him a number of scriptures.  Ephesians 2:1 is a good example.  "Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins."  Paul was explaining to the Ephesians that without God's Spirit living within them that they are dead.  There are many other scriptures pertaining to that idea.  The point being that it is the Spirit of God that gives us true life.

There are only two positions for the human:  (1.) Alive physically but dead spiritually.  And when that person's body dies they are dead forever.  Jude 1:12 says, "These people are blemishes...clouds without rain...autumn trees without fruit...twice dead."  (2.)  Or you are physically alive and spiritually alive.  When you body dies, you still have life.  Twice alive.  Forever.  With God.  

Writing to the Galations,  (Gal. 2:20) Paul said, "...I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live.  Yet not I, but Christ lives in me...."  He--Christ--is the life.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man comes to the Father but by me."  (John 14:6)

The secret is that you must have Christ Jesus within.  He said:  "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."  Revelation 3:20

Since death is inevitable,  you would think that everyone would trust Him and invite Him into their life.  But they don't.  And they miss the greatest blessing ever given.  God's Spirit, living within.  What a deal.  Life with God.

Forever.

Open the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment