Monday, December 19, 2016

I have been writing about trivialities in my life since I finished the sequence of Genesis--first chapter.  But I am going to go deep, pick up where I left off, and get to the heart of God's plan for the man he designed.  God didn't just randomly design and create a human, he had a plan for man's purpose.  It wasn't just some wild idea that God dreamed up for his own amusement.

So what was it??  I think you would have to start with His decision to create a universe.  And an earth.  Did space exist?  What is space anyway?  Where did it come from?  How far does it extend?  And ultimately:  Why?  Why are humans in it?

Followed by the eternal question that plagues all believers:  Where did God come from?

If you are any kind of reflective person at all, in any way, I'm sure that you have pondered that question for a second or two before you realized that it is unanswerable.  When Moses asked that question, God said:  "I am that I am..." Exodus 3:14  That's the answer he gave us.  He is.

God is God.  How can any human consider the existence of our universe, and the total improbability of it being here at all, without a cause behind it.  I don't get it--why don't people examine the implications of their belief.  To say that God "isn't" is like saying "we aren't."

God--the creator--is.  There is a power behind the existence of space.  Of matter.  Of planets.  Of humans.  Of the thing we call life.  Life of animals.  Life of plants.  Life of you and me.  Life.  The journey of the human mind must come to the conclusion that there is something behind the miracle of our existence, and the existence of the space, the vast universe that we inhabit.  It came from somewhere.  We came from somewhere.

We are.  And God is.  It is simply too improbable to believe otherwise.  Connecting man to the God who created him is the whole purpose of the Bible.






No comments:

Post a Comment