Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Yesterday I dog-sat.  Four dogs going out and coming back in all day.  I can manage the three schnauzers, but the border collie (Sadie) weighs a ton and doesn't come when I call her.  And of course, she got into a "dog-war" with the two dogs on the other side of my fence.  You could hear the three of them growling and barking a mile away.

I finally corralled her and got a leash on her and drug her inside, which I had to do every time I let her out.  However it was a question of who was dragging who.  She is big.  And strong as an ox.

But once inside, they are all really sweet.  Max and Annie and Squig all lie on my lap at the same time and Sadie lays her head on my feet.  At that point, it's a dog party.  Everything is peaceful and calm--until I have to let Sadie out again.  Oh well, I need the exercise.

So far, none of the dogs seems to be interested in the koi pond--which seems unusual.  It looks to me like the fish would be an attraction for them.  But all they do is drink the water.  Maybe they haven't noticed the fish.  I hope that's it.

John, my gardner, brought me three new Koi babies.  I had turned the pump off when I went to Paris and two of my big Koi had died.   (I thought it was cold enough for them to go into hibernation.  It wasn't.)  I'm going to try and not kill these.  I really felt awful about it.

"And...God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.  And whatever Adam called them that was their name." Genesis 2:19

I haven't named my baby Koi yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment