Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Those little round disks that you put under the four legs--feet--of a piece of furniture have changed my life.  I can move things around like a pro.

Becky had an estate sale in which there were two matched sofas that didn't sell and went to half-price day.  She sent a picture of them, (don't you love the I-phone camera) so Jeanette drove me to South Oklahoma City to "Touch" them.  You know what I mean--a picture doesn't tell the whole story.  You have to touch the fabric.

I bought them.  They were six inches shorter than the two matched sofas I currently had.  The six fewer inches on each of them made all the difference in in the world as to how my family room could be arranged.  That's where the slider disks came in.  I could move whatever I wanted moved--by myself!!!  Which I did.

It is going to be great.  I gained enough inches be able to move another cabinet in next to my chair.  So that I can get a ton of stuff up off the floor.  I have existed in my chair for the last couple of years in the middle of a "nest" of papers, books, bills, etc.  

Everything that I want is now near me in a cabinet so that I don't have to go to another room to get it.  Everything now has a place!!  I'm very happy.

But since I was moving stuff from one room to another, both rooms are in disarray.  And of course, every picture in both rooms will have to be adjusted.  Which I dread doing.  But I'll get it done.  Everybody get out of my way!! For the first time since last August when I moved into this house, I feel like it is going to work for me. 

I hope so.  I really don't like moving stuff around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment