Thursday, July 11, 2024

I had written a book about Ken, (The Corsair) and the publisher wanted a different ending.  That was last year...so I spent months rewriting it  ... she wanted Vietnam included with the first part which was about Korea.  

Yesterday, she came to see me and said she had been wrong. And she was sorry.  She said adding another war made the book too long.  So “Let’s go back to the original,” and write another book about Vietnam.  I haven’t written anything in months because I couldn’t figure out what to do.

Ok.  I was so happy.  That’ what I wanted all along.  It should be out in the fall!!!.....But after she left, I opened my computor and couldn’t find the original.  It has to be somewhere...but where??? I’m going to spend all day looking and then probably take it to Craig and hope he can find it.  He says it’s in the cloud wherever that is.  But....I am energized.  And so happy.  I liked what I had written in the first place and it’s hard to please someone besides yourself.  I’m so, so, so, relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment