Friday, July 19, 2024

I joined a group named “Rusty Keys.”  Women who learned to play an instrument in their youth, got married, had kids and got “rusty” playing their instrument.  I had been so sick this last year that I had quit going.  But today (I’m better) I played the marimba for them.  My marimba had been in the trunk of my car for a year.  It comes apart into six or seven pieces.  And for the first time in my life (I got the thing when I was fourteenI) of playing it, I flubbed up.  You can’t leave something in your car trunk for a year and expect to take it out and be fantastic.  The redeeming fact is that everyone there played an instrument  and flubbed up.  I think that’s where the group got the name “Rusty.”  They are a fun group.

I would give the marimba away ( I have another one in the family room) if there was some child who would like to learn and stay with it.  It was used when I got it and I’ve been playing it for 70 years.  It’s time for someone else to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment