Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Becky or Ann (or both) take me to the garage sales every Friday or Saturday.  I haven't bought anything, but it is fun to look.  I just like to be with them.  It is amazing all the stuff people accumulate.  When I was packing to move, I couldn't seem to make a decision about what I would need and what needed to go to Goodwill.  So I just packed it all.  And as I have unpacked it on this end,  the decisions have been easier.  I have put things that don't fit, or that I don't need, in the garage.  And this Friday, God willing and it doesn't rain, I am going to have a garage sale of my own.

I hope it all goes out the door.  I think it is great that people will carry it off with them and I don't have to figure out what to do with it.  It saves me a trip to Goodwill.

Two weeks ago, I went to an estate sale that Pam (Edmond Antiques) was having and I did buy something.  A bedspread for my kingsize, and drapes that went with it.  I haven't made my bed since I moved because I didn't have a spread.  Now I have no excuse.

I am starting to feel like I live here.  But I still don't have drapes up.  Craig (Becky's husband) is going to put up the rods as soon as he finishes work on a fixer-upper he bought.

I have made friends.  It was easier than I thought.  Church is a perfect place to find people that you like to be around.  They have "Game Day" once a month and I learned to play Mexican Train. (Dominoes)  Mindless, but fun.  They have sewing classes, etc. and lots of activities.   Every Wednesday night they have supper.  And twice a month there is a covered dish luncheon.

But nobody can take the place of the people that I left in Pryor.  They are lifetime friends.  I miss them, but I talk to Carolyn almost every day.  (We go back to the ninth grade.)

"A man that has friends must show himself friendly...and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24  I took that friend with me when I moved.  Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment