Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I had the lawn man seed my yard with grass, and as it came up and was looking really good, the moles moved in.  Someone told me that they come to eat grubs and if you get rid of the grubs, the moles will move out.  There is always something to do when you own a house.

Keeping the Koi pond clean is an everyday job.  I wish the pond was in my neighbor's yard instead of mine.  But the pond was there when I bought the house--so I am stuck with it.  The waterfall is beautiful, but I am to a point in my life that I don't want to be responsible for fish.  Or anything else for that matter.  Getting up in the morning and feeding Squig is enough.  He at least gives something back.  The fish just swim in circles.

Some of the work that I did in May is taking hold.  The plants that I transplanted are doing really well.  I cut the lacebark elm down, so I won't have to dig up a million seedling elm trees again.  That tree was prolific.  But once it started making seeds last month, its days were numbered.  There is a great big oak left in the front yard that makes a million acorns, but the squirrels take care of that.  I wouldn't say that I was lazy, but I don't have much reserve strength so I am eliminating problems.

I hope all the stuff in the garage goes out the door this Friday at the garage sale.  I'm tempted to put a big sign out front that says:  "Free stuff.  Come and get it.

"For we hear that there are some which walk among you...working not at all, but are busybodies.  Now command them that are such, and exhort with quietness that they work and eat their own bread.  For when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."  2 Thessalonians 3: 11-12, 10

 I like to eat, so I guess I had better get to work on pricing that stuff in the garage.  When I was young, I played the marimba for the men's group at the Methodist church.  They always sang the hymn "To the work, to the work."  Methodists take community service seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment