Thursday, October 29, 2015

I am glad God has a sense of humor.  I have been quoting scripture to Him for weeks.  "Do you remember that you wrote....",  and, "Dear God, I think I need to remind you..."  All over selling a house.  I have looked up every "ask and you shall receive..." scripture in the Bible (Of which there are dozens) and brought them to God's attention over my house in Pryor.  It should have sold months ago.  My asking price is under the appraised value by a considerable amount because I just can't keep up with the long distance maintenance.

I can close my eyes and imagine God smiling at me.  "You have so little faith," He must be thinking.  Which is true.  I have short-term faith.  When I don't get what I ask Him for--now--I think I must be doing it wrong.  Saying the wrong words.  Praying amiss.  I start checking myself.

When all I need to do is wait.  I am a terrible waiter.  My patience factor is almost zero.

It's a good thing that God loves us or he would give up on us.  Even though we are His children, we are so imperfect.  Flawed.  When I pray, I almost always ask, "Lord, show me where I can do better, and then help me be better."   It is really easy to see where others can do better.  It is really hard to see that in yourself.

After I got home from Pryor yesterday, I got a call that the realtor had a signed contract for my asking price.  It will arrive today.  I will sign it.  The relief is unimaginable.  It is not the money, it is the effort involved in keeping two houses running.  Mowing, weeding, cleaning, mulching, etc.  When you are two and a half hours away, you just can't keep up with it--so you depend on others.  Who may or may not do their job.

Thank you God.  Sorry I questioned you.  I'll try not to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment