Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I am in my late seventies.  Thank God I still have my mental faculties.  (Or at least I think that I do.)  Given pain, or a clear mind, I'd choose the pain--if I had to choose.  One thing that is interesting is that my hair is still brown.   I have never treated or colored it in all those years.  My daughter Pat, on the other hand turned silver in her twenties.  Our genes determine those kinds of things.  My dad had black hair into his nineties.  Many of the Danish and Norwegians have a white streak in the middle of their hair.  Some people are black, some white.  Some have slanted eyes, some don't.  But we are all of the same species, and easily identifiable as such.

Brown eyes are more common than blue eyes because the gene for brown eyes is dominant.  Given that Ken was blue eyed, he had to have had two genes for blue eyes.  (If he had one blue and one brown gene, he would have been brown eyed since brown is dominant).  I must have one brown and one blue gene because even though I am brown eyed, one of our children is blue eyed.  Which means that between Ken and I there was a one in four chance for a blue eyed child.

Regardless of our physical differences, we are all identifiable as human beings.  We aren't frogs.  We aren't chickens.  We are people.  The word "evolution"--which simply means "change"--has taken a bad rap among Christians who are Creationists.   What they should be objecting to is "Evolution Theory."  That concept takes more faith than is scientifically even reasonable.  You have to believe first of all that something can come from nothing.  Then you have to believe that things get better and better--which violates all scientific facts.  Especially the two laws of Thermodynamics.

 "The invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made...they are without excuse...professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."  Romans 1: 20-22.  This verse is followed by the most terrible verse in the Bible--in my opinion.  "Wherefore, God...gave them up...they changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator...".  God gave up on them.

I went out to get the paper this morning and looked up into the dark sky at the stars.  God's stars.





No comments:

Post a Comment