Friday, October 30, 2015

My prayers are always very simple.  Every morning when I go down to the curb to get the paper, I look up and tell God, "Good job.  Awesome. That's a really pretty sky this morning."  Or if it is raining, "Thank's for the rain.  My plants and yard need it.  I appreciate your rain."  I don't have long prayers.  I just try to keep in contact with the Father.

Think of all the people all over the world that are speaking to Him at the same time.  It is a wonder that he listens to me at all.  But then, He is God.  He loves us every one.  Why?  I don't know.  

He is easy to love.  I don't think that we are.  He must be immensely patient.

In the Psalms, David had those same feelings of smallness.  He said to God:  "What is man that you are mindful of him? And the son of man that you visit him?"  Psalms 8:4

The writer of Hebrews felt exactly the same way because he quoted David in Hebrews 2:6  "But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man that you are mindful of him? or the son of man, that you visit him?"

I cannot imagine the bigness of God.  My mind is too small to comprehend that.  I end up reducing him to a throne and apologizing to Him for my inadequate imagination.

He is God.  He is huge.  Imagine that.




No comments:

Post a Comment