Monday, October 12, 2015

I find Genesis so very interesting.  I could write dozens of more things about it, but some of you are probably already bored from all the details that I have written.   So I will move on.  I'll come back and do the second chapter later.

I watched "The Shawshank Redemption" again yesterday.  That makes the eighth or ninth time I have watched it--and I will watch it again.  It is definitely about redemption.  And I end up crying every time I watch it.  You and I have been redeemed as well.

I also watched "Apollo 13."  I was in a movie mood, and I had never seen it.  However, the words "Houston, we have a problem," are so familiar.  I remember the event from April 1970,  but had never seen the movie.  The real thing was nerve-jangling enough.  Military pilots hold the softest place in my heart.   You have to be certifiably insane to land on a carrier or go up in space.

And I ended the day by watching "The Help."   I lived through that time.   I was driving from Beaufort S.C. to Oklahoma the day of the march through Montgomery.  I stayed there all night with a friend and left the next morning and drove us on to Pryor.  Ken, of course, was in Spain, or Cuba, or somewhere.  I just decided to go see my folks--so I took off with my three little ones, without any awareness of the history that was being made that day in Montgomery.  You would have to be old enough to remember how horrible black people were treated to fully appreciate the bravery they exhibited at that time.  It was truly historic.  I'm glad I was there.

Jesus loves the little children, All the children of the world.  (Remember this song from our childhood Sunday School class?)  Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in His sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the World.

I didn't really know what that song meant when I was growing up.  We didn't have a single black family in Pryor, so I didn't know how they were treated.  But when I moved to Beaufort, I found out.  The county was 72% black, and they couldn't get decent jobs to support their families.  It was so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment