Thursday, March 10, 2016

10:00 AM, March 9, 2016.  I planted lettuce and parsley.   It will probably freeze--this is Oklahoma--but  I don't care.  I'll just plant it again.  John, my gardener, is cleaning out the weeds in the flower beds today.  He planted my peonies and astilbe, and mulched the azaleas that he put in last week.  And the filters in the Koi pond had to be cleaned again.

It is hard to come to the place that I have to admit that I can't do it all any more.  But Ken saw to it that I wouldn't have to worry about paying for service "when the time came."  He was a planner.  I can't pay for everything I want to do, but there is enough to help me along. 

And the time has come.  I got down on the patio to pull weeds on Monday, and had to yell at John to come help me get up.  Pitiful.  I truly don't know who this old woman is.  I do know that there is a girl inside yelling at her.  Yelling to get out.

I have been dog-sitting all week for some of my friends.  Counting Squig, I have four of them.  And of course, for the first time in months, it rained--for which I am very grateful--but every time I let them out, there are sixteen muddy feet that I have to clean when they come in.

Squig doesn't particularly like the others getting in my lap.  It is probably good for him to have to share.  No, he isn't spoiled!!!!

Scott always came over and planted things for me in the spring.  I miss that.  He's the only member of my family that really loves gardening besides me.  He has already planted his garden.

The first lettuce I pick will have cost me over $300.00.  It better be good.  You sure don't do this to save money when you live in the city.  Maybe if I dollar average it will pay off in fifty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment