Thursday, March 3, 2016

I am obsessing.  When I bought this house, I did carpets, tile, paint, appliances and counter tops.  It was almost a year ago.  I stayed in Pryor while all of this was going on.  But I later moved in the middle of everything and didn't get all of the repairs done.

Facing more renovation was daunting, so I didn't do the master bath.  I wanted to do the yard, which was in really bad shape.  So I ignored the bath, and worked in the yard.  Which I love to do.  But this last two weeks, I keep thinking about the master bath.  Once something gets in my mind, I worry it to death--which is an indication of my personality.

I do the same thing with teaching.  Ideas.  Once I start thinking about something, I can't let it go.  And then when I go to bed, I can't go to sleep.  I have bees in my brain.

So, I probably will start the repairs on the chipped up master bath.  It is the only thing I didn't do, so when it is done,  I can put it all this renovation behind me.  However, I want to pull a Scarlett and think about that tomorrow.

When Jesus was giving us the Sermon on the Mount, he said:  "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  Matthew 6:34 

 Or put another way:  One day's trouble is enough for one day.   So I think I will work in my garden.












No comments:

Post a Comment