Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Some people talk about people.  That is what they like to discuss.  Some of those people are just nosy.  They want to be the first person to know what is going on in everyone's life.  I sometimes wonder if they have a life of their own.

Not to say that we shouldn't be interested in others.  But in a good way.  Never to hurt, or to spread gossip, or speculation.

Some people talk about things.  Their new car.  Someone's new dress, or shoes, or jewelry.  Every now and then when I get busy on one of my projects, I do this.  "What color of paint should I use in the living room?"  That kind of obsession.  But those things pass, and I go back to my usual state.

Other people talk about ideas.  These are the people I really enjoy talking to.  They make me think.  They have read a new book, or saw an article in the newspaper that was interesting.  When I get a new idea, I like to bounce it off of my friends who are thinkers.  Who talk about ideas.  It helps me solidify what I am thinking about.  They are my favorite conversationalists.

They don't argue, they just bounce ideas around.  I want my thoughts to be true.  I don't want to waste time on wrong conclusions.  I like to hear other people's input--if they are thinkers.

I have two people in my family that I call when I am "worrying" an idea around in my brain.  One is my son Scott.  The other is my grandson Steven.  They both like to "think out loud."  And even when I decide that they are out in left field, I know they will stir the "idea" around in their brain and get back with me. 

I guess because I am a teacher, I spend time thinking about what I am going to say, and how I am going to say it.  That part is easier than knowing what not to say.  Some ideas just aren't that important, and take valuable time away from the important stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment