Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I said something--in one of my past 840 posts--that I thought was pretty profound.  However, I don't think anyone but me thought so.

I said, "You are what you eat."  (There are ten pounds more of me since Thanksgiving.  What I ate became the body I now live in.)

And I added, "You are what you do and say."  Everyone who knows me only knows that part of me that results in actions, or in spoken or written words.  That is who I am to the world.

But the part that I thought was pretty profound was when I wrote:  "You are not what you think.  Thoughts are nothing but unfulfilled dreams."  Not all of you agreed.

 I concede that your thoughts may lead you to do something good, or bad--or they may change the way you process your behavior, or they may even comfort you.  But as long as they stay in your head and don't produce anything, as far as the world is concerned, they don't exist, and neither do you. 

My thoughts lead me to write.  But without the writing, the thoughts are stagnant.  When I am gone, my thoughts are gone as well.  But the words that I have written will continue to be read by people I have never met.  Inside my head, my thoughts don't do anyone any good.

I do agree that you can learn--inside your head.  You can think.  And what you think about what you learn has the ability to change you.  But knowledge means nothing without action.  You are not what you "think" until you do something.  You are living inside a head that is full of unfulfilled dreams.

Thoughts are just intentions waiting to be put into action.  Do something.  Something worthwhile.  Something useful.  Something good.  Something helpful.  It becomes who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment