Friday, March 4, 2016

Well I did it.  I didn't want to, but decided it was a good way to meet people.  I went to "senior" choir.  I really doubt that you could call it a choir.  Ten people.  One bass.  One tenor.  Two alto's--I just doubled that section by my attendance.  And six sopranos.

I hadn't sung in a choir since I was eighteen years old.  Sixty years ago.  I always played the piano for the choir.  I found that my range of notes had shrunk considerably.  I think I now am really a tenor.  Oh well, I'm going to try it for awhile and see what happens. 

Yes, I admit, I am not doing it for the glory of God.  I'm doing it to meet Christian people.  Not everything has to be about service to Him.  Does it?  Maybe my attitude will change.  If God is glorified, I think it will be a byproduct--because right now, my voice squeaks.

On the other hand, He says, "... Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make
a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!"  Psalms 95:2

I can do two parts of that verse well.  I can thank Him.   And I can praise Him.  I guess I can do the third part, too.  Make a noise.  It just isn't joyful yet.  I'm going to work on that.

We do things every day that we don't want to do.  Exercise.  Eat right.  etc. etc.  Maybe in the long run, the things we don't want to do--but do anyway--are the things that make us better people.  Maybe in the doing of those things, we find that they get easier. 

Today, I am going to file paper.  I have been working on it little by little for weeks.  I have shredded two containers of it.  It is done.  Now all I have to do is put it away so that I can find things when I need them.  It was a huge task.  And I didn't want to do it.  But I plodded along and finally, finally, am at the end of it.  I don't think it made me a better person.  But it did make me feel better.




No comments:

Post a Comment