Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I am amazed at all the "Voo-doo" on facebook.  The words "Energy, spiritualism, finding your inner self, magnitism, the supreme woman, etc. etc. etc."  It is all nonsense.  Sorry if you are offended.   I want to hear a real voice.  I want to read a real account of a real event.  I want real people.

Feelings are dangerous.  They lead you down paths you wish you had never taken.  And as I said a week or so ago when I was discussing different kinds of Proof, feelings are non-transferable.  And more importantly, they prove nothing.

I lived with Ken for 57 years.  I made a commitment, took a vow and never broke it.  I have a piece of paper that says that on August 18, 1956, that we were married.  I can touch it.  It is real.

Although the feelings were intense, I loved him and he loved me, that is not what kept us glued together.  Some days, there were not many feelings at all.  Just blah days that we had to get through.   Work to do.  Meetings to attend.  Wash.  Dishes.  Kids.  School events.  Long separations in the military.  Loneliness.

 It wasn't "feeling" that was important enough to make it work, it was commitment.  That inner quality within you that recognizes that you are someone who takes life more seriously than "feeling happy every moment of your life."

57 years is a long time.  I wouldn't trade a minute of it.  I thank God for Ken.  I have never known a better man.  He was exceptional.  He was the love of my life.  I was so proud to be his wife.  Today I am "feeling" sad.  I miss him.  But that feeling will ease.  I will get on with it.  I will do my work.  How I feel will not dictate what I do.

I will stay committed to who I am.  I am God's child.  I carry His name.



No comments:

Post a Comment