Tuesday, July 12, 2016

And as long as I am on a rant about "Dear Abby,"  let me say this:  That column has been around for over fifty years, preaching a message of tolerance of almost anything you can possibly think of.

I am not sure where this gospel of tolerance began, but with a public forum like "Dear Abby," it has been propagated world wide.  God is, and never has been, tolerant.  He is a God of love.  And if you want to grow in God's grace, it must by by His principles.  There are things that He will not tolerate in His people.  And as a result, that his people must not be tolerant of, as well.  You do not have to hit people over the head with a Bible.  But you also do not have to be tolerant of the behaviors that God has forbidden.

There is a big difference between tolerance and genuine love and concern.  There were many things that I would not tolerate in the lives of my children when they were growing up.  It had nothing to do with my love for them.  As long as they were a part of my family, there were expectations that--if violated--would bring discipline.  But regardless of what they did, I still loved them.

So when we are confronted with something that God has forbidden, it is simply idiotic to embrace it--because there will be discipline from God.  God is not going to change his mind about behavior that he has forbidden.   It is "Cheap Grace," to ignore God's grace.  He demands a life that is lived in accordance with His will.  You can stick your head in the sand and ignore Him, but there will be a payday, someday.  You can't make your own rules up and tell God that you have edited his Word.

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."  That's the recipe for being received by God.

Leviticus 20:26 "You shall be holy to me; for I the Lord am holy, and I have separated you from the other peoples to be mine."  I think that is pretty clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment