Monday, July 18, 2016

Last week I was on a rant.  I think I got most of it out of my system.  Just one last comment.  I got tired of Dear Abby's--among others--"In your face" philosophies. I get tired of constantly hearing other people's opinions based on what they do with their sexual organs.  I personally would be disgusted with myself if I had a need to tell people who I am based on my sexual orientation.  Stupid.  Low-class.  Tell me what you do for a living.  Tell me who your friends are.  Tell me what you do for entertainment; what your hobbies are.  Tell me where you go to church.  But please, don't tell me about your sex life.  I don't care.

I simply don't understand the need to use a megaphone to inform the world who you are having sex with.  Or a parade.  Or a sit in.  Or a demonstration.  Why anyone wants to identify themselves that way escapes me.  I would never, ever, walk up to someone and say,  "Hi.  My name is Janie, and I like ducks."  It's nobody's business.  If you have a compulsion to do that, take it up with God and leave others out of it.  Quit broadcasting it.  Have some sense of class.

God gave us a pattern for our sexual lives.  As a matter of fact, his first words to man were, "Be fruitful and multiply."  Hard to do that unless you have a male and female.

God set down the outline for existing within his will.  His rules are for the good of society.  And the home.  And the extended family.  And the world.  Argue with him.  And if you don't want to get in line with that, you have free will.  You get to decide what you do.  Your choice.  But you don't get to decide what the consequences are.  However,  I would appreciate it if you would leave Christians out of the group of people you want to attack for our beliefs.  Go judge somebody else. We're just trying to live peaceful lives based on the Word of God.  He is our judge.  And believe me, it's not easy.  I don't meet his expectations by a long shot.  Nor do I claim to.  I'm just working on it.

Philippians 2:12 "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."  It is a scary thing knowing that someday I will have to give an account of my behavior to God himself.




 








No comments:

Post a Comment